Popular Cotton Fabric Varieties

Posted 4 years ago

Cotton fabric is considered to be one of the most commonly utilized fabrics throughout the entire world. It does not contain any type of synthetic-based compounds and is directly derived from cotton plants cultivated in various locations. Since its first introduction into civilization, it is known for its high level of breathability, its soft texture, and the fact that it is very light.

It is also quite popular in that it has a high amount of tensile-based strength. If you are in the market for cotton clothing, it is imperative that you become familiar with the most popular varieties of the fabric available today. In this guide, you will receive a brief introduction to these varieties.

Egyptian Cotton

This variety of cotton typically refers to the cotton that is known as “Extra Long Staple” or “ELS” that is cultivated in Egypt. The climate in this area allows the fibers to grow exceptionally long and strong.

If left in its original state and not cut or divided into two-ply, this type of cotton is among the highest quality currently available on the market. In short, this is considered to be the longest as well as the most luxurious cotton fiber.

Pima Cotton

Pima cotton is a variety that was originally cultivated on the Sea Islands that are situated just south of the State of South Carolina in the 1790s. This is considered to be the American version of extra long staple cotton fiber.

Not only is it a highly exquisite and soft cotton, it is known for its incredible level of strength and beauty. The most common type of Pima cotton cultivated worldwide is Upland cotton, which accounts for approximately 90% of all the cotton within the world. The remaining 10% is a combination of Pima cotton and Egyptian cotton.

Supima Cotton

This cotton accounts for less than 1% of all of the cotton that is grown throughout the world. It is considered to be highly superior and is grown in specialty batches within the United States.

Not only is this type of cotton very soft, it has a high level of durability and has the ability to retain color better than other cotton varieties. This type of cotton fabric variety is highly luxurious, exhibits the highest quality, and reflects the absolute best of craftsmanship.


According to research, there are currently four different types of species that are utilized to create cotton fabric. These include Gossypium hirsutum, Gossypium barbadense, Gossypium arboretum, and Gossypium herbaceum.

When reviewing the cotton clothing that we have available here at Epolos.com, you are sure to discover the luxury, beauty, and craftsmanship that cotton has the ability to display. In addition to having a wide assortment of cotton clothing, we are now offering embroidery on our clothing pieces.

It does not matter if you are in search of work uniforms, sports apparel, professional clothing, or clothing designed for everyday wear, you are sure to find it by browsing through our massive collection of clothing.

Posted in info for small businesses

Comments are closed.

Back To Blog

Recent Posts

Recent Posts